If I have a study permit, can I stay permanently in Canada?

Study Permits are issued for the sole, temporary purpose of authorizing your studies in Canada. If you are applying for a study permit primarily in order to get into Canada to obtain permanent residence, to work, or for any other purpose other than studying, it is very likely that your application will be refused.

If you have already arrived in Canada and do not attend an academic institution, removal procedures will be initiated against you.

Posted in: Visa Related,