Studies related

What is the average tuition and living costs in Canada



Tuition Fees ($)

Living Expenses ($)


UG Diploma

2-3 years




UG Degree

4 years




Fast Track

1-2 years




Grad. Cert

1 year




  • Tuition payments can be made per year for first year, and second year onwards per semester
  • Living expenses are paid by the student as required
  • Merit and Entrance scholarships are available
  • Programs are offered in January, May and September
  • The above expenses are approximate only and per year.

Do I need a study permit to study at a Canadian educational institution?

Canadian colleges, universities, technical institutes and other educational institutions encourage applications from qualified international students. If you are going to study in Canada for more than six (6) months, you need a study permit. Applicants going to study in any field in Canada for six (6) months or less do not require a Study Permit and can be apply for visitor visas. However, this applies only if the full course will be completed in six six months or less. You cannot go to Canada on a visitor visa and study the first six months of a longer course without a study permit and then obtain a permit later.

If you intend to study in the province of Quebec, you also need a Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) from the Quebec government.


Do I need to take an IELTS test?

It is strongly recommended that you take an IELTS test if you intend to study in English. You will need to satisfy a visa officer that you will observe the conditions of your admission to Canada and will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay. A proven and verifiable ability to communicate in the language of your studies will assist the officer in making that determination.

In present situation students have option of Duolingo or IELTS indicator or Colleges have their own online English Test. These exams can be given for both admission and if it is equivalent to IELTS scores, visa will not be rejected on Non Compliance of not submitting IELTS documents. Duolingo or other exams are accepted as IELTS is not possible now temporarily due to pandemic lock down. Duolingo or IELTS indicator is for a temporary period for anybody who do not want to waste time and want to get admission, visa and enrol for online classes as well to save on time and living costs in Canada.

When should I apply for admission?

It is very strongly recommended that you apply at least 6 – 10 months before the start of your studies. If you do not, you may miss the registration date specified on your letter of acceptance. A study permit will not be issued to you if you do not have a valid letter of acceptance when a final decision is made on your application.

You should apply as early as possible once you receive your acceptance letter. Please note that medical examinations and biometric are usually required for students from India. This adds a minimum of two weeks to the processing of your application.

Please note that if you do not submit your application properly, or do not submit the correct documents, the processing time will be longer. Applicants who do not provide the required documents may be refused without an interview.

How much money will I need during my studies in Canada?

If you will not receive funding from a Canadian educational institution or a governmental organization, you will be required to provide evidence that you or your family can readily afford the cost of an education in Canada on an ongoing basis. You must demonstrate that you will have enough money during your stay in Canada to pay for tuition fees, books, living expenses for yourself and any accompanying dependents, and return transportation for both yourself and your dependents.

According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines, you will require approximately $10 000 Canadian per year, not including tuition fees, to cover your living expenses. If your dependants are planning to accompany or join you, you will require an additional $4 000 for the first dependant, and $3 000 for each subsequent dependant, in addition to return airfare.

What are the main selection criteria for part time jobs?

Employers in Canada are looking for the following:

  1. Canadian academic background ( Legitimize).
  2. Canadian work experience ( Legitimize).
  3. Understanding of the Canadian culture (Fit).
  4. Excellent communication skills (exception).

What’s the difference between a diploma and a certificate program?

Diploma’s are longer duration and Certificate’s are shorter duration.

I was told the program was one year but my offer letter is only for 8 months?

1 term is only 4 months hence one year will have only 8 months of studies.

What are the job prospects like in Canada?

Jobs are available in Canada. Every year, more than 180,000 foreign workers enter Canada to work in jobs that help Canadian employers address skill shortages.

Can I apply for my Masters upon graduating from Diploma?

Yes, you have an option to also take credits for your Diploma in Canada.

Which consultant is best for Canada study?

Nova Education Consultants promotes exclusively Canadian Education and is one of the best and trusty educational consultants in Kochi. We provide educational services to everyone in Canada according to their qualification. We specialize in providing guidance and support for students who are looking to study abroad. Our services include helping you choose a suitable university or course, assisting you with your visa application, and providing you with advice on adjusting to a new environment.

Which is the best study abroad agency in Kerala?

Nova Education Consultants is the leading educational consultancy in Kerala, devoted to providing academic consultation for students who like to start their academic life from the prestigious universities, colleges, and educational institutions in Canada. We specialize in providing guidance and support for students who are looking to study abroad. Our services include helping you choose a suitable university or course, assisting you with your visa application, and providing you with advice on adjusting to a new environment.